- 3-Dec-06 Disproving doubters. Proving Berlin was not a fluke. Haile showed that he can beat anyone by defeating two-time World Marathon champion Jaouad Gharib of Morocco. 2006 is the year we witnessed Haile became a complete marathoner.
- 11-Mar-06 In Moscow, Meseret Defar defended here 2004 World Indoor 3000 M title easily defeating World record holder and home favorite Liliya Shobukhova. It seems like the sky is the limit for Meseret Defar.
- 12-Mar-06 Kenenisa became the first athlete win a World Outdoor Championships, a World Cross Championships and a World Indoor Championship. He toyed with the field wining over 3000 M at the World Indoor Championships.
- 10-Sep-06 Once again Meseret Defar wins a race. Only this time it’s controversial because Tirunesh Dibaba’s loss cost Tirunesh $125,000. We now have ourselves a rivalry. May the best woman win.
- 3-Jun-06 Meseret Defar sets a new Womens 5000 M world record 14:24.53, snatching the record from Turkey’s ex-Ethiopian runner Elvan Abeylegesse's. It was a 0.15 second improvement. Nonetheless, this one was sweet.
- 22-Oct-06 The way Berhane Adere disposed of Galina Bogomolova in the Chicago marathon made us wonder if she should have been marathoning all along. She sure looked like a natural setting a new Ethiopian record of 2:20.47.
2 Haile Gebrselassie & Gete Wami of Ethiopia Win 2006 Berlin Marathon (Both Set Ethiopian Records)26-Sep-06 Haile Gebrselassie and Gete Wami set Ethiopian records while winning this Marathon Majors event. This was a reminder that they have not faded yet. Gete ran 2:21:24 and this record was later broken by Berhane Adere.
- 2-Apr-06 Running two races in two days in, 2002,2003,2004,2005 and now 2006 Kenenisa Bekele wins the long and short race at the World Cross Country Championship. Kenenisa has won ten titles during the last five years and single handedly brought an end to the era of Kenyan cross country dominance. No one will ever dominate this event like Kenenisa Bekele has.